Greater Swiss Mountain Dog Facts - Did you know?
Did you know the following Greater Swiss Mountain Dog facts?
- This breed should not be over-exerted through exercise as their bodies overheat easily
- The American Kennel Club formally recognized the breed in 1995
- This large sized dog has a keen, faithful and dedicated personality and temperament
- The Greater Swiss Mountain Dog originated in Switzerland and was bred for farm work
- The average litter size of this breed is usually around four to eight puppies per litter
- This breed has a short, thick, dense coat which requires weekly / twice weekly grooming
- This breed is also named the Swissy, GSMD, Grosser Schweizer Sennenhund
- Training can be a little time consuming as this breed doesn't always respond immediately
- The typical temperament of this breed is placid, sweet and easy-going